Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Tara Lipinski Liked My Video

I don't know about you all but my love for Instagram is directly related to my need for constant validation, immediate gratification and my girl crush obsessions that border on the 'Talented Mr. Ripley' level of creepy. 

I want to BE her. 

Or sometimes I just like the way she styles her hair. 
One or the other. 

My main use for my IG, other than sheer vanity, is to promote my Youtube channel and my Blog.
I even joined Vine to promote my Youtube. 

It's ResaStarXO if you haven't subscribed yet. Go. Do it. You know you want to!

Vine was at the suggestion of Ireland--the notorious lover-damn him & his ways-who moved away to Dublin & may or may not have had a girlfriend the whole summer he was making me moan his name.
Interestingly enough, Ireland is also the reason I met The Phantom of the Opera.
(You thought it was Tinder that brought us together but actually we'd met last summer--GASP!)

Anyway. I digress. What was I saying?
Oh yes. VINE. 
Vine was a great suggestion by the not as great Ireland because I could turn clips from my Youtube videos into vines & hopefully gain more subscribers that way. 

WELL.

You can also post those same 6 second vine videos on IG because you can fucking post videos everywhere!

SOooOoo....
Back to the title of this blog.
The wonderful thing about Instagram is that it connects all kinds of random people. 
I could do a search for #pinup and discover all kinds of kindred spirits- pinup obsessed girls around the world who share my love for pin curls & red lipstick. 
Or any of my other random interests-#mua #rockclimbing #sorrynotsorry #frozen

Whatever the hashtag was that brought the Olympic medalist to my page, one day I checked my notifications & saw that Tara Lipinski had 'liked' my photo. 
I looked at her account because I assumed it wasn't really THE Tara Lipinski. 
But sure enough, it was the real her. 

In the world of emoticons I was colon capital O.

Are you SERIOUS?!
Someone with 100K followers likes MY lil old picture?
I feel so freaking cool!!!

And THEN she liked several MORE pictures!

In the world of emoticons I was colon capital O add jazz hands Macaulay Culkin 'Home Alone' style. 

I feel cool when ANYbody likes my photos. 
But for it to be someone I watched win a gold medal on tv when we were both 15?
That's pretty fucking fantastic. 

I wondered if she might ever watch any of my Youtube videos or even subscribe to my channel. 
So I commented on one of her photos and asked if she'd had a chance to check out my channel. 
Later in the day she liked one of my Vine videos, one promoting my latest Youtube video.
Gah!
I was so excited!
I don't know if she ended up watching the actual video or any of my other videos. 
But I still felt like the Bee's Knees. 

And because life has a wicked sense of humor the vine she liked was for the video I made, 'I Don't Wanna Fuck Your Boyfriend', which was a response to all the STUPID drama that stemmed from Sheldon's psychotic girlfriend. 

Of course she watched the video and I found out from Sheldon she wasn't happy about it. 

In the world of emoticons, colon capital D.

And Sheldon tried to make me feel guilty for expressing my anger through one of my videos stating he "didn't like the way things were handled."

And that's fine. 
Because I didn't like being stalked and judged by someone who melodramatically told him she "wanted nothing to do with" me and "never wanted to talk to" me & blackmailed Sheldon into banishing me from ever playing Mariokart or eating food cart together "or else" she was going to dump him. 
I think that kind of emotional maturity deserves a video response where I call her an ugly bitch. 

I just didn't like the way she handled things.

SO.....

The fact that a STAR found my little clip of a little video worthy of an IG 'heart' when I'd been getting backlash from Sheldon & his prison ward felt poetic. 
It was validating on a totally different level. 
And that was awesome. 

Because my art is an expression of ME.
And if people don't accept it then we probably shouldn't be playing Mariokart together anyway. 

I'd rather play Mariokart with Tara.
THAT would be an awesome video. 








No comments:

Post a Comment